"Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest." - Christian Dior

Sunday 15 April 2012

Say hello to my little friend - Rouge Coco Mademoiselle


A recent addition to the collection – and perhaps my most considered, debated, deliberated and cogitated decision. I spent the better part of three weeks wondering what to do. I’d heard rave reviews about the colour and formula – and of course, what else would you expect from this brand? – so like any self-respecting makeup addict I eagerly trawled through dozens of Google hits for online swatches.
But, what’s this? In this swatch, it’s medium pink! In this one, it’s pinky-brown! In this one, it looks positively rosy! In this one, it’s a plummy-pinky-peachy-browny-red! Aaaarrrgh!!!!
 I knew what that meant. I had to psych myself up to go to my local makeup emporium and….. *gulp*……….. have a look for myself. Goddamnit.
 I’d been here before. I knew the score. There would be many obstacles in my path, against which I would need to steel myself. The crowds of people……. the ridiculously unflattering shop lighting. And, perhaps worse of all…… the shop assistants.
 Now, I’m sure this differs from shop to shop, from town to town. But here in the deepest darkest depths of the Midlands, every single makeup counter assistant I have encountered has been, to not put too fine a point on it, orange.  Add on top of that the fake, plasticky smiles , smug “what-on-earth-do-you-think-you’re-doing-here” faces and pushy sales techniques, and I am officially living through my worst nightmare.
 So, expecting the worst, I arrived at Boots – only to find that the sales assistant on the Chanel counter was informative, patient, laid-back, and only mildly Tango-ed. What is this wizardry?!!!!!
So, £23 lighter and suitably chastised about my horrific pre-conceptions, I brought the fabulous Mademoiselle home, and here she is.
Two words: Amaze. Balls.
Look at it, sitting there looking all posh

 As you can probably tell, I've been using it pretty much every day since I got it.



This is a unique colour in my stash at the moment. On me, it turns a delicious pinky-red with brown-ish undertones, with a fabulously long-wearing creme-satin finish. I normally get a couple of hours of wear from this, and afterwards it leaves a "just-bitten" stain on the lips which lingers for another hour or so. A perfect polished day-time look, this allows me to dip my toe into the water of wearing something slightly darker and redder to work, while not screaming "Aaaaaargh! She's got red lips!". 
As an added bonus, it's the perfect partner to my NARS Gilda blush, as the undertones turn pretty similar on my neutral-cool skin. WIN WIN.
Jen
x


No comments:

Post a Comment