"Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest." - Christian Dior

Saturday 21 July 2012

Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturising Lip Colour Balm


Sometimes, I need to wear lipbalm to soothe my flaky, scabby lips. Those are usually the days when I have an urge to wear lipstick, and unfortunately the two are generally mutually exclusive requirements.

Enter: Clinique Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm.

The colour I own is shade 13 – Mighty Mimosa, which is one of the new shades recently added to the range. According to their website, it is “…….a lip treatment with sheer colour that relieves dry, cracked lips and provides immediate moisturisation. The unique pencil-style applicator provides easy to apply sheer soft lip colour and rolls up for ease of use”.

I have been using this fairly regularly for a good couple of months now, and I must say it is fabulous. Nice and moisturising, with a lovely sheer wash of colour to give the lips a more polished look than just using a plain balm. This shade was one I received as a present for my birthday, and to be honest was not a colour I perhaps would have chosen myself, but I’m glad I got the chance to try it. It is a soft, subtle baby pink with a lovely sheen, and translates to a healthy brightening effect on the lips.

I'll say this for Clinique - they do "classy yet modern" packaging very well
Left: bare lips for reference        Right: Chubby Stick in Mighty Mimosa
 
Clinique is a brand which I have neglected somewhat of late. I used to use their 3-step skincare religiously for a while, until I realised that it just wasn’t doing my skin any favours – and I adore their High Impact mascara. But lip products aren’t something I would ever immediately think to buy from Clinique.

These Chubby Sticks are a tad on the expensive side - £16 for what is essentially a tinted lip balm might seem a bit too rich for some people’s blood – but you get a fair amount of product for the money (3 grams, which is a little bit less than a “normal” twist-up lip balm, which are normally about 4g). A little of this goes a long way – and the colour can be built up into a pretty intense shade if you want, although that would kind of defeat the object.

I can see me getting a few more of these – there are some gorgeous shades available in the range (eight new ones have recently been added), and I currently have my eye on Chunky Cherry, which looks like a pretty, sassy, sheer red, and a great way to wear a little pop of colour without going too far outside my comfort zone. Bountiful Blush looks like it would be the perfect MLBB shade.

Chubby Sticks are available directly through the Clinique website (which currently has an offer on, whereby you buy two Chubby Sticks and get a free “chubby coloured pouch”, whatever that is!).

Have you tried these? What do you think?

Jen
X

No comments:

Post a Comment