"Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest." - Christian Dior

Friday 6 July 2012

NARS Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer SPF30/PA+++ - Finland


Phew, bit of a mouthful.

I’ve been wanting to try this for ages – what with the summer potentially happening this year (although no sign of it yet, bah), but was initially a bit dubious. I’m so attached to my Estee Lauder Double Wear Light (reviewed here), I thought “Surely there’s no point even trying it? It’ll never be as good.” Well here it is in my possession, so my resistance is once again proven to be futile.

Before we hear what I think, let’s see what NARS say:

“Your skin – almost bare, but better. This advanced, oil-free formula provides a translucent veil of colour and sun protection while helping to reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots in just four weeks. Infused with lush, naturally derived botanicals and ingredients to immediately help thirsty skin feel hydrated. Kopara from French Polynesia and mineral rich seawater revive and re-mineralize skin for a softer, smoother, and brighter natural glow. Skin is transported.
·       Advanced sun protection
·       Hydrates and helps reduce the appearance of hyperpigmentation and dark spots for a brighter natural glow
·       Oil-free. Dermatologist tested. Non-comedogenic. Synthetic fragrance free.”

I umm’ed and ahh’ed about which colour to get, but in my traditional foundation-buying fashion I just plumped for the lightest shade in the range – Finland. It’s usually a fairly safe strategy. In actual fact, when it arrived, I thought it might be slightly too light but it seems to blend in seamlessly with my skintone – I suppose with such sheer coverage the shades are a little more forgiving.

Finland is described on the NARS website as having “a neutral balance of pink and yellow”, and that’s fairly spot on. Although I thought the hand swatch looks a little on the yellow side, again it seems to blend in nicely on the face.

Coverage is fairly typical of a tinted moisturiser, i.e. there’s not very much of it. It feels divine though; soothing to my dry skin, and the moisturised feeling lasts all day. Despite its sheerness, I do feel as though it evens out my skin tone a little. With a touch of concealer on my under-eye bags (suitcases?) I feel as though I could leave the house without scaring small children.

A bit of powder over the top and it lasts around six or seven hours.

Just a quick review today – unfortunately exam marking waits for no man (or in this case, woman). So here are a few pics to whet your appetite.

Not great lighting, but a relatively real-life portrayal of the colour
Buy directly from the NARS website here for £27.00, or from Space NK.

Jen
X

2 comments:

  1. It looks almost like it might be the right colour for me!! Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is definitely light....... I think you would be fine!!!

    How are you getting on with the Dior Sculpt?

    xxx

    ReplyDelete