"Zest is the secret of all beauty. There is no beauty that is attractive without zest." - Christian Dior

Wednesday 17 April 2013

April 2013 favourites

Just a quick post with a few daily beauty essentials that I have been loving this month!

Shampoo: Tigi Bed Head Urban Antidotes Recovery Shampoo

Conditioner: Tresemme Deep Conditioning Treatment Masque (lately my hair has been in frizzbomb meltdown so needs the extra moisture boost)


Styling products: the old faithful CHI Silk Infusion Silk Restructuring complex is still on the rota (I don’t think I’ll ever stop using it!) but I also now use Morrocanoil Hydrating Styling Cream massaged into the roots for some extra oomph


Shower Gel: any old thing at the moment, so long as it’s moisturising – I’m currently working my way through a Radox Moisture Boost Shower Cream 


Body moisturiser: Garnier Summerbody lotion, in a desperate attempt to give my legs and arms some colour seeing as summer is just around the corner! 


Deodorant: Sure 48-hour Intensive anti-perspirant spray


Cleanser: No7 Beautiful Skin Cleansing Balm for dry to very dry skin – massage this in and the makeup just melts way – the only non-foaming cleanser that makes me feel as though my skin is actually clean!


Exfoliator: None – I now use a facial sponge with whichever cleanser I am using, it’s cheaper (and more effective!)


Primer: Still none – I just slather my skin in moisturiser and wait ten minutes before applying my foundation. If it’s been any longer than ten minutes I normally slap a bit of NARS Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturiser on for additional coverage as well 


Moisturiser: No7 Beautiful Skin Day Cream; Embryolisse Lait Creme Fluide

Foundation brush: Although I still love my Crown Brush flat bronzer, I’ve been preferring fingers recently – it’s quicker!

Foundation: NARS Sheer Glow (in Mont Blanc) and Lancome Teint Miracle Natural Light Perfector (in 010 Beige Porcelain)


Concealer: MAC Studio Finish (NW20)


Powder: NARS Loose Powder (in Flesh) 


Blusher: I’m favouring cream blushers at the moment for a more glowy finish, especially NYX Cream Blush (in Natural)


Bronzer: what’s one of those? 


Highlighter: None at the moment, using cream blush means I am dewy enough and don’t need any shimmer on top of that


Eyeshadows: NARS single eyeshadow in Cairo – a fail-safe, goes-with-anything taupe (swatched here)

Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner pencil in Zero –the creamiest formula I have ever come across


Mascara: No7 Exquisite Curl mascara
Lipstick: Burberry Lip Velvet in Peony Rose (swatched here)
Lipgloss: NYX Megashine lipgloss in Plum (swatched here)
Nail Colour: As much as I would love to wear luscious, dark and vampy colours like Chanel Rouge Noir, my nails are just in too crap condition to take it so I stick to just coating them generously in Sally Hansen Hard as Nails (the one with the pink tinge, otherwise they look a bit sallow).

Anything you have been loving lately that I should add to the Lust List?

Jen


No comments:

Post a Comment